It’s a new season, time for some changes. Isn’t change a wonderful thing? We can choose to change or not to change. Or maybe I should be saying having a “choice” is the wonderful thing. There are some things in life I love changing and experimenting with. But there are others I don’t want to see change at all and do not welcome any sort of circumstance that tries to change them. For instance, as much as I love technology and typing this on a computer, I still love writing with a pen in my personal planner. Don’t make me try to stop doing that; it makes me a nervous wreck. It might also be the obsessive compulsive in me but I can’t rely on just one of them, I need both paper and technology to keep me going in the right direction.
Almost every season, and sometimes every month, I make a To-Do List. It’s sort of a bucket list, just in a shorter time span. I make these lists in both my iPhone and in my personal planner so I will always have access to them. Here’s what I have on my list for autumn:
- Keep making lists.
- Write down my weird dreams in a Dream Journal.
- Attend a weenie roast.
- Visit a new produce market and buy an apple I’ve never tried before.
- Drive on the gravel roads of my old stomping grounds when the autumn leaves are in full color.
- Go to the lake on a sunny, warm autumn day to write poetry like I did in my teen years.
- Try out a restaurant I’ve never eaten in alone, just to prove I can.
- Go to one movie matinee and see a great movie on the big screen. It’s been several years since I’ve done this.
- Clean out my garage. God help me. Please.
- Write, write, and write.
- Read, read, and read.
- Work on my fiction to make my characters more interesting; more quirky.
- Lose 20 pounds. (I think I can, I think I can)
- Eat one piece of something pumpkin.
- Visit someone special to me. I am so guilty of not visiting because I always feel awkward and uncomfortable in someone else’s home.
- Have a Golden Girls marathon for an entire weekend.
- Make and keep an eye doctor appointment. It’s overdue.
- Spend as much time as I can with Maggie outside while the weather is so nice.
- Go out with friends at least once. I know I’m a loner, but I also love my friends. It’s a hard balance for me.
- Find a covered bridge in my county and take pictures. This has been on my list nearly every year and I still haven’t done it.
- Call my brother. I have no idea why I haven’t.
- Find a dark chocolate that I like. Oddly enough, I have read it can do good things for blood sugar.
- Read one book by an author I’ve never read before.
- Read one book of nonfiction.
- Write more on my blog.
- Take flowers to my family’s graves. Flowers for autumn or Christmas are always nice and I haven’t done this in a long time. Difficult memories, I hate cemeteries, but I need to do this.
- Teach Maggie to sit. This will probably be my most difficult challenge.
- Stop being so hard on myself when I mess up.
- Forgive everybody everything.
- Stay away from people who deliberately hurt me.
- Vote for Hillary.
OK, I’ve shared mine, now you can share yours. Do you have a seasonal To-Do List?
If you enjoy my blog, please subscribe and share.