I just love a good quote. If it inspires me, gives me something to ponder, or makes me smile, I like it. When I find one that really inspires me, it becomes a sign on my bathroom mirror, a card in my wallet, or a bookmark in whatever book I’m currently reading. I thought it would be fun to share some I’ve heard over the years that have impacted me in a positive way, or made me smile:
- There is no such thing as an ugly woman. ~Vincent Van Gogh
- Sure God created man before woman. But then, you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece. ~Author Unknown
- Being a lady is an attitude. ~Chuck Woolery, Love Connection
- I base most of my fashion sense on what doesn’t itch. ~Gilda Radner
- Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important. ~Janet Lane
- A successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him or her. ~David Brinkley
- Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Sex appeal is fifty percent what you’ve got and fifty percent what people think you’ve got. ~Sophia Loren
- If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves. ~Thomas Edison
- I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship. ~Louisa May Alcott
- Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. ~Anthony J. D’Angelo, The College Blue Book
- Every thought is a seed. If you plant crab apples, don’t count on harvesting Golden Delicious. ~Bill Meyer
- I’ve got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I’m blue. ~Author Unknown
- Optimist: someone who isn’t sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault, rbrault.blogspot.com
- Reach for the stars, even if you have to stand on a cactus. ~Susan Longacre
- Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. ~Emory Austin
- Happiness is an inside job. ~William Arthur Ward
- Goals are dreams with deadlines. ~Diana Scharf Hunt
- Word by word the big books are made. ~French Proverb
- If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time. ~Attributed to Zig Ziglar
Do you have any special quotes that you often repeat to yourself, or have gotten you through difficult times?
Words are powerful. They can be used as instruments, or weapons. I pray that I always choose wisely.
Please feel free to share this post. Subscribe so you won’t miss any future ones!